CMD FAQ’s and Past Participants List
CMD Frequently Asked Questions
Certificate in Management Development (CMD)
Q: I’ve missed the first session(s) for this schedule, do I have to wait until the new schedule starts to take courses?
A: No, you do not have to take all of the courses in the same offering, within a specified time frame, or in any particular order.
However, to receive the four core course package discount, you must complete all four core courses in the same scheduled offering (Fall or Spring).
Q: Where are the courses held?
A: Courses are held at QNET at Suite 660, 175 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg unless otherwise noted.
Q: Do I have to be enrolled in the CMD to take core courses in the program?
A: No, the CMD courses can all be taken individually.
Q: In order to receive my certificate (CMD) am I required to take an exam or write a paper?
A: No, however, attendance and participation is required.
Q: Is there homework after each course?
Q: Is there a reduced rate for registering for all core courses?
A: Yes, by registering for all four core courses you receive a discount compared to registering for each course individually. Note, if you register for the four core course package, you will need to complete all four core courses in the same scheduled offering (example Fall or Spring).
Q: What happens if I register for a course, but need to cancel?
A: If you have registered for the core course as part of the four core course package, then you forfeit the fee for that particular course. You can send a replacement participant from your organization. You will then need to register for that core course again at a later date and full course fees will apply.
If you have registered for the core course not as a part of the four core course package, you will receive a full refund if you have given written notice according to the cancellation policy for that course. If you are past the cancellation date, we encourage you to send a replacement as the course fees will not be refunded.
Q: Can I register my organization for the four core courses and send different employees to different courses?
Q: What are the credit hours for seminars and workshops?
A: A full-day workshop earns 7 credit hours. A two-day workshops earns 14 credit hours.
Q: QNET members receive a discount on the registration fee; what is involved in membership?
A: You can apply for membership on-line and begin receiving benefits immediately. Annual personal memberships begin at $145 + GST. Corporate Memberships (which are transferrable among employees from the same organization) begin at $225 + GST.
Q: Do I have to take the core courses in any particular order?
Q: Is there a time limit on completing the certificate?
A: The certificate requirements must be completed within 6 years of taking the first core course.
Q: I see that I can get credit for my QNET CMD courses toward a Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness (CAM:OE) at the University of Manitoba, what is CAM:OE?
A: The Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness (CAM:OE) program has been designed to provide individuals in various work environments with the opportunity to combine management studies with applications relevant to their own careers.
Registrants have the opportunity to study a common set of generic required courses offered by the University of Manitoba, along with courses in the Organizational Effectiveness (OE) specialization.OE specialization courses can be acquired by attending approved QNET Courses.
Contact email@example.com if you would like further information.
CMD past participants have included:
- Aboriginal and Northern Affairs Development
- Rogers Wireless
- AMC Safety Association
- Anish Corporation
- Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba
- Balske Solutions
- Beacon Hill Lodge
- Bee Maid Honey Limited
- Boeing Canada
- Bristol Aerospace
- Budz’N Bloom Daycare
- Business Transformation and Technology
- Cadorath Plating
- Canada Life
- Canada Post Corporation
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Cangene Corporation
- CN System Engineering Facilities
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba
- Community Future East Interlake
- Computers for Schools – Manitoba
- Dairy Farmers of Manitoba
- Delmar Special Crops
- Deposit Guarantee Corporation of Manitoba
- Econo Wall and Ceilings Ltd.
- First Nations Family Justice Program
- Gateway Resources Inc.
- Get the Market
- Golden West Centennial Lodge
- Grace Hospital
- Granny’s Poultry Co-operative (Manitoba) Ltd.
- Great-West Life
- Health Sciences Centre
- HEB Manitoba
- IMRIS Inc.
- Industrial Technology Centre – ITC
- InfoTech Inc.
- Interlake Eastern Regional Health Authority
- Inventronics Ltd.
- Investors Group
- Johnston Group Inc.
- Ka Ni Kanichihnk
- Lions Eye Bank
- Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba
- Little Brown Jug Brewing Company
- Loewen Windows
- Lorch and Associates
- MacDon Industries Ltd.
- Magellan Aerospace
- Manitoba Agricultural Services Corp.
- Manitoba Arts Council
- Manitoba Blue Cross
- Manitoba Chicken Producers
- Manitoba Conservation
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods
- Manitoba Health & Healthy Living
- Manitoba Hydro
- Manitoba Information and Communications Tech.
- Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries
- Manitoba Pork Council
- Manitoba Product Stewardship
- Manitoba Water Stewardship
- Maple Leaf Fresh Foods
- McMunn & Yates Building Supplies
- Misericordia Health Centre
- Modo Yoga Winnipeg
- Multicrete Systems Inc.
- Neovation Corporation
- Norman Regional Health Authority
- Parker Hannifin Electronic Controls
- Parkland Regional Health Authority
- Perimeter Aviation LP
- Pollard Banknote
- The Property Registry
- Real Canadian Superstore
- Red River College
- Rogers Communications
- Reliance Products
- Rock Tenn
- Royal Canadian Mint
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- St. Boniface General Hospital
- SecuriCan General Insurance Co.
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities
- Southern Health-Santè Sud
- St. Boniface General Hospital
- St. John’s-Ravenscourt School
- Sunova Credit Union
- TC Transcontinental LGMC
- Teranet Manitoba
- The Winnipeg Foundation
- The Winnipeg Humane Society
- Tundra Oil and Gas Ltd.
- Universal Drugstore
- University of Manitoba – Extended Education
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Western Canada Lottery Corp.
- Western Financial Insurance
- Wild West Seasonings
- Winnipeg Airports Authority
- Winnipeg Police Service
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
- Winpak Ltd.
- Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba