Advanced Facilitation Skills
Do you know the key processes and techniques that make a great facilitator? Facilitating sessions can be rewarding and successful when you have the right tools.
In this workshop, you will develop the confidence and skills you need to facilitate, teach, lead and present to audiences of any size. You will sharpen your ability to use facilitation techniques to effectively manage group dynamics and polish your questioning techniques. You will also discover how to adapt your facilitation style to accommodate the various groups you work with.
By the end of the workshop, you will have developed your own facilitation skills self-assessment checklist to use when facilitating sessions. You will receive a comprehensive manual with notes, samples and exercises designed to be a shelf reference.
- defining the role of a facilitator
- determining what to prepare before the session to ensure its success
- identifying techniques that encourage participation
- determining how to apply questioning and active listening techniques
- creating a positive environment for sharing ideas and opinions
- handling a variety of difficult situations
- overcoming the challenges you encounter when facilitating
Susan Portelance is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills. Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- QNET Members: $399.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $399.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $469.00 + GST | Join QNET
Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full Certificate in Facilitation and Design (CFD, 4 courses).
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- A core course in the four day QNET Certificate in Facilitation & Design (CFD).
- An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- This program has been approved for 8 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
660-175 Hargrave St.,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3R8
Excellent resources, clear and concise learning.
My first certificate and third course with QNET and I would highly recommend. Another excellent session.
This session provided a lot of good activities to remind me of the importance of all facilitation components. Proper preparation, planning, delivery, management, follow up – the checklist will make for a good ongoing resource for when things get busy and I get forgetful. It’ll mean I don’t have to rely on my memory.
How to be successful as a facilitator was important for me and what it takes in preparation, delivering and assessing afterwards were very important tools for me to learn.
She is great. Provides variety in her session, activities that ensure I understand the material. You can ask her any questions during breaks or before and after the session. She is an excellent instructor.
She was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and kept us involved the entire session; I enjoyed her real life stories about her facilitating experience.