Civility at Work Certificate – Virtual
Early registration discount – save $200 + gst when you register by January 8, 2024.
Research shows that 81% of employees experience incivility at work every day, and that toxic workplace is recognized as one of the leading causes of workplace stress, which leads to low productivity, poor health, low morale and negative impact to an organization’s bottom line.
The Level 1 Certificate for Civility at Work is a two day intensive course designed to prepare workplace trainers, HR supports, team leads and others who are interested in acquiring tools, knowledge and skills to co-facilitate civility at work.
Civility is a competency based skill that supports positive people treatment and changes workplace culture in a positive way.
In this two day (or four half day) workshop you will learn:
- What civility is and why it matters at work
- How to measure incivility and recognize the symptoms of toxic workplaces
- Why people behave badly; contributors and underlying factors that create incivility
- How to incorporate civility best practice into your workplace policy and processes
- Skills that underpin ability to be civil and how to incorporate these into your training plans
Session participants will use what they learn to:
- Assess workplace civility
- Devise and implement a workplace civility initiative
- Measure success e.g., increased retention, engagement, and profitability
- Build more positive, psychologically safe, productive, and collaborative workplace culture
The Civility at Work Certificate includes:
- Trainee workbook with need-to-know best practices, sources and resources
- A range of assessment tools with an understanding of how to use them
- Two comprehensive ready-to-use workplace civility training lesson plans
- Hard copy books and reference materials
- Level 1 certificate in Civility at Work Trainer©
Session includes a short in class exam, validated by ICTC.
For more than 20 years, Lewena Bayer has been internationally recognized as the leading expert on civility at work. With a focus on social intelligence and culturally-competent communication, the team at Civility Experts – which includes 501 affiliates in 48 countries – has supported hundreds of organizations in building better workplaces.
In addition to her role as CEO of the international civility training group Civility Experts Inc., Lew is Chair of the International Civility Trainers’ Consortium, President of The Center for Organizational Cultural Competence, and Founder of the In Good Company Etiquette Academy Franchise. Most recently, Lew was selected as an International Advocate for Aegis Trust, a UK based organization focused on peace education and the prevention of genocide. This is also an Education Chair for Global Goodwill Ambassadors Foundation.
Dr. Lew Bayer is a 17-time published author, educator, speaker and multi-awarded in the field of Civility. Her books include the international bestseller The 30% Solution, Manufacturing Civility, Civility at Work, and Golden Rule Peace. She is one of only 14 Master Civility Trainers in the world, a distance faculty member at Georgetown University Center for Cultural Competence, a long-term facilitator at the Canadian Management Center in Toronto, and Instructor of Social Justice at MITT. Most recently, she completed the Champions of Humanity Master Peace Educator Certificate Program at the Kigali Peace School in Rwanda.
Lew’s many awards and recognitions include International Peace Ambassador Award, Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur (International Business) and National Woman of Inspiration Award, as well as recognition at World Civility Day for three consecutive years.
Her entire career has been focused on speaking about, and fostering values of equity, inclusion, democracy, compassion, and justice.
Early Registration Fees
(register by January 8, 2024)
- QNET Members: $990.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $990.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $1190.00 + GST | Join QNET
(after January 8, 2024)
- QNET Members: $1190.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $1390.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $1390.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 14 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course (14 credit hours) in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields