Civility at Work
Research shows that work is the primary cause of stress for many working adults. Whether it is ill-prepared co-workers, office bullies, overt discrimination, rude customers or any other of a multitude of workplace incivility occurrences, employers and business owners have the ability to create workplace cultures that foster civility and enable people to put their best foot forward at work.
The Civility at Work course, based on the book by the same title and delivered by author and international civility expert Dr. Lewena Bayer, offers an essential toolkit of strategies, tools, insights and information for small business owners, entrepreneurs, leaders and managers who want to build a business based on character, civility, and common courtesies.
It’s never too late for embedding civility in processes and systems, however, incorporating ethics, social justice, equity and fair play into your mission, values and vision from the beginning can save a lot of time and set you up for success.
Civility at Work provides essential information, facts, stories, insights from the field and practical tips related to the business of civility.
After taking this course, you can immediately start building a culture of civility in your workplace by incorporating some or all of the tools provided in the book, including:
- Strategies for embedding civility in your business plan, mission, values and workplace communication plan
- Applying insights from the leading civility experts to your current workplace
- Identifying and adopting a practical definition of civility
- Assessing the extent to which incivility is impacting your bottom line
- Understanding trends and other influences that are impacting how we work
- Understanding how civility is a measurable competency
Who should take this course?
- Business consultants
- Performance and productivity analysts
- Workplace trainers
- Social and communication training facilitators
- Customer service experts
- Business owners, leaders, managers, supervisors, and individuals who want to build a better workplace or build a successful business
*This course is scheduled to run in person. Contact email@example.com if you are unable to attend the course in person; we will check to see if you can join the in-person course by zoom
For more than 20 years, Dr. Lewena Bayer has been internationally recognized as the leading expert on civility at work. With a focus on social intelligence and culturally-competent communication, the team at Civility Experts – which includes 501 affiliates in 48 countries – has supported hundreds of organizations in building better workplaces. Dr. Lew Bayer is a 17-time published author, educator, speaker and multi-awarded in the field of Civility. Her entire career has been focused on speaking about, and fostering values of equity, inclusion, democracy, compassion, and justice. As such, Dr. Bayer travels, speaks and trains at approximately 250 events a year. She believes that she has moral obligation not only to represent herself as honorable and “human-kind” but also to enable others to choose and exhibit those same values.
- QNET Members: $389.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $389.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $459.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
660-175 Hargrave St.,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3R8