Communicating with Civility, Credibility and Competence
Have you wondered how to interpret something someone else said, or found yourself not knowing how to say something you need to say?
Does negativity or rudeness ever impact productivity, loyalty or morale in your workplace?
By applying these tried-and-tested communication best practices, you can build your reputation, boost your credibility, influence others in significant and positive ways, and even improve the bottom line.
After attending this interactive and practical workshop, you will be better able to:
- Understand what civility is and why it is essential to effective communication in your workplace.
- Identify and avoid communication habits that may be undermining your (or your organization’s) credibility.
- Adopt one or all of ten proven communication best practices that relate to verbal, nonverbal, written and electronic communications.
- Be recognized as a professional who communicates with clear purpose and saves others time and energy.
- Exhibit high social competence and a service-orientation that will leave a long-lasting impression with whomever you communicate.
For more than 20 years, Lewena Bayer has been internationally recognized as the leading expert on civility at work. With a focus on social intelligence and culturally-competent communication, the team at Civility Experts – which includes 501 affiliates in 48 countries – has supported hundreds of organizations in building better workplaces.
In addition to her role as CEO of the international civility training group Civility Experts Inc., Lew is Chair of the International Civility Trainers’ Consortium, President of The Center for Organizational Cultural Competence, and Founder of the In Good Company Etiquette Academy Franchise. Most recently, Lew was selected as an International Advocate for Aegis Trust, a UK based organization focused on peace education and the prevention of genocide. This is also an Education Chair for Global Goodwill Ambassadors Foundation.
Dr. Lew Bayer is a 17-time published author, educator, speaker and multi-awarded in the field of Civility. Her books include the international bestseller The 30% Solution, Manufacturing Civility, Civility at Work, and Golden Rule Peace. She is one of only 14 Master Civility Trainers in the world, a distance faculty member at Georgetown University Center for Cultural Competence, a long-term facilitator at the Canadian Management Center in Toronto, and Instructor of Social Justice at MITT. Most recently, she completed the Champions of Humanity Master Peace Educator Certificate Program at the Kigali Peace School in Rwanda.
Lew’s many awards and recognitions include International Peace Ambassador Award, Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur (International Business) and National Woman of Inspiration Award, as well as recognition at World Civility Day for three consecutive years.
Her entire career has been focused on speaking about, and fostering values of equity, inclusion, democracy, compassion, and justice.
- QNET Members: $419.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $419.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $489.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course (7 credit hours) in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
175 Hargrave Street
Canada R3C 3R8
Lew was such a knowledgeable speaker, I could listen to her all day. The information was valuable and I can start using it tomorrow.
It was one of the more interesting courses I have taken!
Very credible and her passion came through. Lew engaged the group effectively and left me wanting to learn more about the topic.
Lew was dynamic, fun, easy to ask questions, didn’t restrict the conversation. She had lots of real-world examples for us and kept us engaged with activities.
Great job. I’d like to hire her to come to the studios and provide this knowledge to my staff.