Creating Policies and Procedures (Virtual)
This is a Full Day course that can be offered either in person or virtually:
- Virtual includes 3 components: half day virtual learning session + pre-course work + post-course work
- In person is generally offered 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. at the QNET Training Room
Readers frequently turn to policy and procedure documents to understand the internal processes of an organization or department. Yet, those same readers are frequently frustrated because the documents are so difficult to comprehend because of poor content, language, organization and layout.
In this interactive workshop, you will learn the fundamental factors of presenting a crystal clear message using a reader-friendly format to effectively write policies and procedures. You will receive a comprehensive manual with notes, samples and exercises designed to be a shelf reference. Some pre-course work will be required.
This training focuses on:
- understanding the difference between a policy and procedure
- assessing and determining the content required
- organizing for clarity and understanding
- writing in a plain language style and creating a reader focus
- formatting to make the policy or procedure document easy to read
- Focusing your leadership team on people
Susan is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills. Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- QNET Members: $419.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $419.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $489.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course (7 credit hours) in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- This program has been approved for 8 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields