Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue (Virtual)
Based on the bestselling book Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, QNET is pleased to present the award-winning Crucial Conversations training.
Crucial Conversations training teaches individuals and teams from different backgrounds, departments and specialities how to effectively discuss ideas in a way that leads to virtually everyone buying into the decisions. These skills inevitably result in rapid, sustainable, and wide-reaching positive changes in the results you care about the most.
Learn how to:
- Identify the conversations that are keeping you from your desired results.
- Identify how you deal with people when you are under stress.
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively, no matter the topic.
- Make it safe for others to share their honest opinions.
- Deal with people who either clam up or blow up.
- Gain control of your own emotional responses.
- Speak frankly without risking everything.
- Disagree without being disagreeable.
- Influence without exerting force.
(provided in digital format if course is virtual)
- Copy of the bestselling book Crucial Conversations
- Learner Guide
- Cue cards for each lesson
- Model Card
- Course completion certificate
- Six-week ongoing learning experience
Crucial Conversations – Course Overview
Note: You may also want to attend: Crucial Accountability Add-On. This training builds on the skills learned in Crucial Conversations and introduces a powerful set of new skills to resolve your most challenging accountability issues. PRE-REQUISITE: Crucial Conversations.
Tamara Kerr, Leader of Tamara Kerr Consulting is a Master Certified Trainer of Crucial Conversations. She spent 15 years in senior leadership before becoming a consultant specializing in leadership development, coaching and team effectiveness. Praised for her engaging and warm facilitation style, she brings a lighthearted approach to training while being serious about the value of enhancing daily interactions. Tamara emphasizes the importance of quantifiable impact beyond the training event with action plans for integrating skills to achieve results.
Rhonda Barry has been involved with corporate training and development, both nationally and internationally, for over 35 years. She designs and delivers programs and workshops from process and systems training to leadership, sales, team development and train the trainer. Rhonda is certified in Getting Things Done, Crucial Accountability, Crucial Conversations, Influencer, and Myers Briggs Type Indicator. She was a finalist in the YWCA Women of Distinction awards and has been profiled as an Inventive Woman in Canada for her innovative and successful training.
- QNET Member: $1,695.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partner (see list below): $1,695.00 + GST
- Non-Member*: $1,845.00 + GST | Join QNET
$100 off Regular Fees (listed above) when you register more than 28 days prior to the workshop start date.
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 28 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- This program has been approved for 16 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
Great session, very good information to use in one’s professional and personal life.
So clear in the delivery of the message, provided life and professional examples that people can relate to.
Reminder that crucial conversation skills are developed and can be practiced.
I plan to put into practice the teachings. We’ve been taught them at a high level, now only practice will allow us to really truly learn, and utilize, these skills.
I would be interested in next level of this..crucial accountability.. keep it coming!