Great leaders intentionally search for new ideas, and they know they must keep growing in order to be effective in an ever-changing world.
Based on the book Don’t Blame the Lettuce: Insights to Help You Grow as a Leader and Nurture Your Workplace Culture, this workshop explores a variety of specialized leadership topics that will help you meet challenges and respond to opportunities in new and different ways.
Participants will be encouraged to explore ideas about leadership in ways that will strengthen their leadership practices and help them nurture a healthy workplace culture.
Some of the workshop topics include:
- Setting the right tone and leading with integrity
- Communicating like you’re always on
- Taking the time to listen
- Talking about the elephant in the room
- Advancing your vision by saying no
- Encouraging dissenting voices
- Taking the lead in emotional authenticity
- Getting workplace rituals right
- Leading in uncertain times
- Navigating leadership transitions
- Delegating for the right reasons
- Leading with a sense of urgency
Learning Objectives – Upon completion of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Understand what it means to set the right tone for the organization
- Refine your approach to communication from a leadership perspective, including say “no” and discussing uncomfortable topics
- Take the lead with emotional authenticity in the workplace
- Delegate more effectively
- Navigate leadership transitions
*This course is scheduled to run in person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend the course in person; we will check to see if you can join the in-person course by Zoom
- QNET Members: $419.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $419.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $469.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
* indicates required fields
660-175 Hargrave St.,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3R8