Performance Development and Learning
When addressing individual and team performance, a typical approach is to identify training needs, develop or select a training program and other structured learning experiences, then evaluate at the reaction and learning levels. Unfortunately, this method can be ineffective, unnecessary and expensive. Often it does not result in the expected performance change.
In this workshop, you will learn how to identify and achieve performance excellence that is linked to business goals. You will discover what it takes to achieve the expected performance and develop a plan to achieve desired results. By the end of this workshop, you will have solved a current performance improvement challenge using the techniques covered in the workshop. You will receive a comprehensive manual with notes, samples and exercises designed to be a shelf reference.
This training focuses on:
- understanding performance and motivation
- leading and supporting performance improvement initiatives
- building accountability and setting clear goals
- identifying what to focus on when measuring and analyzing performance
- determining when training is the appropriate approach
- ensuring employees have the opportunity to perform in a supportive environment
- using a performance mapping process to identify and propose business goals, performance requirements, and training and work environment needs
Susan Portelance is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills. Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- QNET Members: $419.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $419.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $489.00 + GST | Join QNET
*Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full Certificate in Facilitation and Design (CFD, 4 courses).
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- A core course (one day / 7 credit hours) in the four day QNET Certificate in Facilitation & Design (CFD). Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full CFD (4 courses) at once; details here
- An optional course (7 credit hours) in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD)
- This program has been approved for 8 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
175 Hargrave St.
Canada R3C 3R8
Susan is always great, knowledgeable and organized.
I think this will help me help others, when they are looking to create training to solve performance issues.
It highlighted the gaps in my own processes as well as reiterated the issues I’m having, confirming I’m on the right track.
A great session with good templates to guide me along the way.
The session was great. The ease and accessibility of the session was much appreciated.