Do you design workshops, facilitated sessions, meetings, consultations or educational marketing events? No matter what type of session it is, design is a key factor in its success.
In this workshop, you will learn how to transform your knowledge and expertise into a captivating session by discovering different ways to move beyond the content to the all-important participant experience. You will use a practical process for designing sessions that meet the session goals, have clearly defined objectives, include appropriate activities, and incorporate an evaluation process.
By the end of the workshop, you will have designed a session of your choice using the techniques covered in the workshop. You will receive a comprehensive manual with notes, samples and exercises designed to be a shelf reference.
This training focuses on:
- applying theories of adult learning to session design
- determining the context of your session and realizing how it drives your design decisions
- conducting an audience analysis to align the session with audience needs and expectations
- selecting the right activities to meet session goals
- applying a five-step model to design your session
- adding tools to help the audience retain information better and longer
Susan is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills. Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- QNET Members: $419.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $419.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $489.00 + GST | Join QNET
Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full Certificate in Facilitation and Design (CFD, 4 courses).
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- A core course (one day / 7 credit hours) in the four day QNET Certificate in Facilitation & Design (CFD). Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full CFD (4 courses) at once; details here
- An optional course (7 credit hours) in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD)
- This program has been approved for 8 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
175 Hargrave St.,
Canada R3C 3R8
I’ve recently had to start leading a team for a very important project and the information from the session will be very helpful in leading brainstorming sessions and other meetings.
I plan to use the template provided to guide planning and designing for meetings I chair and sessions I facilitate.
The session in itself was a great example of session design.
Nice simple steps to draft a plan for any type of session (meeting or training).
Very good workshop. Highly recommended.