Simple Rules for Organizational Change (Virtual)
Change is a constant in every organization, yet research shows that almost 50% of organizational change initiatives fail completely and many more never realize their full potential. One of the most common reasons for the failure is the organization’s lack of attention to the human dynamics of change. This workshop explores these human dynamics and introduces techniques that help individuals adopt the change needed to realize the business goals.
Participants will explore the difference between change and transition, and some of the most common mistakes organizations make when implementing change. Through guided discussions and a case study participants will apply the ten simple rules and learn how they can help ensure success.
The objectives of this one day workshop are:
- To explore the nature of change and its impact on an organization
- To introduce how to use the Continuum of change to support an organizational change initiative
- To explore 10 simple rules that will help participants better manage an organizational change
- To apply techniques for implementing the rules and avoid the most common mistakes of organizational change
*This course is scheduled to run virtually (zoom).
Dawn-Marie Turner, Ph.D., President of Turner Change Management, is an international researcher, speaker, trainer, writer, and certified management consultant (CMC). She has fifteen years of experience in change programming, transition planning and change management coaching. With a doctorate in applied management and decision science from Walden University in Minnesota, Dawn-Marie has developed her own proprietary change transition methodology – DEAM©. She has been a speaker at national and international conferences and her work has been published in the International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences and the International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management. Dr. Turner works to help her clients use change to increase their competitive advantage.
- QNET Members: $429.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $429.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $499.00 + GST | Join QNET
Save $200 when you register for the Certificate in Management Development (CMD 5 Core Course Package)
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- ACMP MB (Association of Change Management Professionals, Manitoba)
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- A core course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- This program has been approved for 8 CPHR Continued Professional Development Hours by CPHR Manitoba
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
Dawn-Marie was great! Thank you for the knowledge.
Change is one of the biggest challenges facing the work place today; and Dr. Dawn Marie Turner put it into a few basic rules; it was very good.
Very worthwhile and well-facilitated – Dawn-Marie was skilled and very knowledgeable.
Felt very fortunate to have a presenter/SME with Dawn’s excellent background, education and abilities.