Writing for Impact and Results
Here are some questions frequently asked by business writers who recognize the potential power behind their communication.
- What are the key strategies for creating powerful business correspondence that will capture the readers’ attention while targeting their needs?
- What are the techniques for creating a professional document within a tight timeframe?
- How can I avoid the old, bureaucratic language and use the basic concepts of plain language?
- How can I make a strong connection with my reader when dealing with sensitive issues?
This interactive session answers these questions and more! It empowers you to write for impact and get results by providing the knowledge and skills needed to enhance your professional image and success as a business writer. You will receive a comprehensive manual with notes, samples and exercises designed to be a shelf reference. Some pre-course work will be required.
This training focuses on:
- using planning and organizing techniques to gain clarity and to write faster
- reducing the time spent revising and proofreading documents
- using editing tricks that will catch the small typos that undermine image
- understanding the power of simplicity and using it in all documents
- impacting the reader by putting the right information in the right place
- formatting for visual appeal and accessibility of information
*This course is scheduled to run in person. Contact email@example.com if you are unable to attend the course in person; we will check to see if you can join the in-person course by zoom.
Susan is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills.Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
- QNET Members: $399.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $399.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $469.00 + GST | Join QNET
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
660-175 Hargrave St.,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3R8
I find the session very efficient. It was quick but informative.
It is very good experience and very helpful session.
Very knowledgeable, great times, made it fun.
I found the session very informative and helpful. I especially liked the instructor’s teaching style and her passion on the subject.
Very knowledgeable on the subject and presentation style was excellent. She was engaging and answered all questions form the group.
Susan is a great facilitator! I was really impressed with her teaching skills and her wealth of knowledge. Definitely would go to another one of her sessions again! Would recommend her to everyone!
Facilitator used a good approach, easy to listen to. Left time for questions.