Facilitation in a Virtual Environment (Virtual)
Meetings, presentations and learning events are more frequently being offered in virtual environments where it can be challenging to keep groups focused and on track.
In this workshop, you will look at the unique challenges of virtual facilitation and develop the ability to use a variety of interactive techniques and activities that create successful virtual sessions.
You will be able to understand how to use your presentation software functions to increase engagement, establish motivation and maximize participation. You will also look at techniques to manage time, keep the group’s attention, and meet the session goals. By the end of the workshop, you will have designed a virtual session of your choice using the techniques covered in the workshop. Some pre-course work will be required.
This training focuses on:
- applying theories of adult learning to virtual session design and facilitation
- identifying opportunities to create interactivity using activities and feedback
- determining how to best make use of virtual presentation software to engage participants
- establishing and maintaining a positive climate in a virtual environment
- creating audience-focused objectives
- verbalizing transitions and link activities
- troubleshooting common virtual session issues
This is a full day equivalent course, offered virtually with these components: half day virtual learning session, pre-course and post-course work.
Susan is an instructor, instructional designer and writing coach for Eclectic Communications. After many years in the corporate world, Susan has turned her love of language into a career as a writer, editor and trainer. As an editor, Susan works with her clients to craft effective communications – from newsletters and blogs to eBooks and proposals. Susan brings to the classroom over 20 years of training experience and four years of Toastmasters participation where she has honed her public speaking and leadership skills. Susan has completed training in adult education, presentation skills and coaching skills. She is certified to deliver presentations, workshops and one-on-one sessions using the EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence instrument. Susan is also a Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP).
Marie Antaya is the Director of Eclectic Communications, a highly recognized training and consulting company. As an international speaker, author of four books and adult educator, Marie has shared her expertise with clients in private, non-profit and public sector organizations leading numerous program and course development projects. Marie designs and delivers informative, practical online and offline programs tailored to the audience’s needs. Marie has direct adult education training with certificates in Workshop Facilitation and Adult Education. She is certified to deliver workshops and one-on-one sessions using EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator instruments. Marie is also a Certified Training and Development Professional.
- QNET Members: $399.00 + GST | QNET member list
- Event Partners (see list below): $399.00 + GST
- Non-Members: $469.00 + GST | Join QNET
Save $200 and get a half hour of follow-up consulting when you register for the full Certificate in Facilitation and Design (CFD, 4 courses).
Please review event Terms & Conditions
Cancellations (by the attendee) must be received in writing no later than 8 days prior to the course start.
Members of the following organizations receive the partner rate for this event.
- ASCM Winnipeg Chapter
- CPHR Manitoba
- Manitoba Aerospace
Funding provided by The Manitoba government.
- A core course in the four day QNET Certificate in Facilitation & Design (CFD).
- An optional course in the 70 credit hour QNET Certificate in Management Development (CMD).
- Eligible for credit in the CAM:OE (Certificate in Applied Management: Organizational Effectiveness) in partnership with the University of Manitoba, Continuing Education
* indicates required fields
I really enjoyed how involved and engaging the session was.
Great session! Very informative and well structured.
I loved the practical tips and takeaways. I also liked the exercise as it think it will be practical to use in future projects.
I found the presentation format was well organized, engaging, and organized.
Very knowledgeable, friendly. Very calm and in command of the content and the session.